Sunday, April 24, 2011

Updatetation...I think that's a word

Where to start...I actually don't like starting it that way. It's like writing in my journal saying, "Well I know its been a while since I've written." It's like I'm making an excuse for why I haven't written or knowing that I should have but didn't because I was too lazy and then the regret sets in because I didn't and then I realize that it doesn't really matter because I'm the only one who reads it and then I think "what if the grand kids read it when I'm dead" then they won't know what has happened in the past couple months, so I have to give an overview on said past couple months and then realize that I could have avoided that if I just wrote in my journal regularly.

....But this is not my journal....

I have realized that it has been almost a year since we moved up here to the land of potatoes. Boise has been great although my sinuses and lungs would say otherwise due to the blooming of everything that I am allergic to, plant wise. Naw, the weather here has been beautiful the last week. We are going to plant a garden...eventually. The nights and early mornings are still a little chilly.

So, for an update. As of April 23, 2011, Sam and I are still living with Sherie and Denny. We have really enjoyed it here! Sam has gotten a job teaching graphic design/web design at Stevens-Henegar College (A local private college) as well as he is working with his brother Ben doing I.T. work. Sam doesn't officially start his classes until June but he is doing training and what not to prepare for it. He is really looking forward to teaching. As for me, I got a job babysitting 2 children, a 3 year old girl and a 9 month old boy. It's not much pay but it's enough. Plus, I can take Lilly and it's not a really high stress job as compared to daycare. It's from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm so I have to get up pretty early but I find that that is better for me. I wouldn't have thought that I'd go back to babysitting. I feel like I'm back with the Marsh family only I'm there longer and only have 3 kids but they are all different ages. Lilly is at the bittersweet age of 18 months, or 1 1/2 years. It's hard to believe she'll be two this year which has a lot of meaning. Not only is it getting closer to that crucial potty training time but I always thought that we'd wait until Lilly is two to start thinking about having another child.

Family planning, there's more to it than I thought. I want to be done having kids when I'm 40 (hard to think about that too.) and we are planning on having a maximum of 5 kids. I just know it would be frustrating when I finally get into shape and then get pregnant. At least, I would know what to do and what not to do. I thought about when we are going to have our next child has been floating around in my brain. However, after babysitting for the past 3 or 4 weeks, that thought has kinda drifted away for the time being. I don't think I'm ready for another child yet.

Sam is also getting involved with doing some local editing and video work. I'm going to attempt to do scriptwriting and really get into writing in general. I feel like that's what I need to do, I just need to get off my rump and do it.

So, yeah this is a short update of what has been happening. Taking this babysitting job has also given me an opportunity to write while the kids are napping. So I've been writing stuff on paper and then typing it out on here. We'll see how that goes.

Just another day in potato land.

No comments:

Post a Comment