Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Going strong...sort of....

Well, I'm keeping an update on the challenge that I made. So far I'm doing pretty good! I think so, anyway. I have had my moments of weakness however. I'm learning that my challenges might have to be adjusted so that they are reasonable challenges. I'm also learning that in order to get rid of a bad habit, I need to substitute a good one for it. Yesterday was kind of a weird day in that I actually was productive but I watched a lot of TV while I was doing it. I made two pies and they turned out really good!!! Everyone in the house loved them!! I made a peanut butter pie and a chocolate/butterscotch pie with whipped topping. They were goooddd!!!!

Then I went outside to write a little but the dogs weren't leaving me alone and I couldn't go away from the house because my daughter was sleeping and I was the only one home at the time. By the way, Lilly is doing great!!! About a week ago, her first tooth game in...actually it was two that we could see. They are the front two on the bottom. Sam and I also think more are coming in. She hasn't been sleeping very well...unfortunately and it's been affecting both Sam and I. But that's to be expected with kids. She also started to crawl last week and hasn't stopped since. As I write now, she is wanting to stand on my chair with me....that is to say that really I'm sitting and not standing....lol.

Anyway, the challenge ends tomorrow. Honestly, I think Sam has done a good job but I don't think he's as into it as I am, which is fine...I guess. I'm learning that we both have our own thing even though we are married. It seems like this challenge is more for me because I am a stay at home mom and need to find something to do and stay dedicated to it. I also just enjoy spending time with Sam as he is gone a whole lot and home late sometimes. During this challenge I have been feeling a little...ok...very discouraged sometimes. I know that it is Satan trying to get to me and I'm doing my hardest to not let it get to me. But it is difficult sometimes. Sam has been very encouraging and supportive!!! I will continue to do these challenges and tweak them a little just to make them reasonable as well as effective and I understand that in order to do so, I need to try and try again. Patient is a virtue. Every time I think of that I think of Hans from "Rigoletto," not sure how many of you have seen it but it's an awesome movie. It's an independent film but it's good!!!! Well I keep writing and informing, as for now...it's time to eat lunch with my wiggly daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment