Saturday, January 7, 2012

A new year, a new you right? Riiiight...



It's a new year, time for new resolutions blah blah blah. I'm to a point where I'm not calling my goals "new year's resolutions" as if I know by calling them that I know they are bound to fail. I've thought about relaunching OBSD but by doing so I would be saying that I didn't accomplish anything and that would be a lie. During the time I started OBSD or even through the whole year, I have been successful at not gaining any significant weight. And I am taking that as a victory! I still fluctuate between two and three pounds. I am particularly proud of the control I've been able to exert throughout the holidays. I was proud that I didn't overindulge. Granted I did have chocolate, that was a given but I did exert control...and my stomach was acting funky but still.

I've decided to keep with OBSD but do some fine tuning. When I started OBSD, my intentions were genuine and wanted. I was ready to take on this mission with my "Bond" pen that had all sorts of gadgets and agent-like abilities that would help me soar to my goal. However, after a while I realized that I was going into this with just a regular pen whose only gadget was a clicking mechanism to retract the tip and my agent-like abilities left somewhat to be desired. But I came across a quote:

(the small print says "Carl Bard")

The goals that I have chosen are small and I'm only choosing 10. I plan on choosing the same number of goals each month. Some will be different, some will be the same. Some of these goals are habits I want to get back into. So my hope is that I make some of these goals habits then once they become a habit, I can move on to the next goal. Instead of looking/making my goals as this great Leviathan, I've decided to take baby steps and slowly filling the voids in my life. This is how I'm breaking down my goals:

Spiritual: 3 Goals
Mental: 3 Goals
Physical: 3 Goals
Talent: 1 Goal


What are my goals for the month of January? Well, I've created a calendar to help me keep track as well as a list of my goals for the month. Each month I will create a new one, forcing me to make a change every month. These are the goals I have chosen:

Spiritual:
1. Being Positive
2. Saying Prayers
3. Reading Scriptures

Mental:
1. Blog
2. Expand Vocabulary (Word of the Day)
3. Yoga

Physical:
1. Walk for 30 minutes
2. Yoga
3. Sit-ups, 2 sets of 20

Talent:
1. Drawing

These are my goals for January.

No comments:

Post a Comment