Saturday, May 7, 2011

Operation Big and Sexy Dream



So what exactly is "Operation Big and Sexy Dream?" Well, it's an attempt to lose weight, get in shape, and stay that way. I weighed myself in February and my weight was 192. Weighed myself again on April 16th and I was 190. I weighed myself on May 2nd and I was 186. So slowly but surely I'm losing the weight. This babysitting job has definitely helped me. I found that when I was at home. I would mindlessly eat and snack. I also discovered that when I'm at somebody else's house, I feel guilty if I eat all their food, so I just limit myself and bring my own lunch. It helps me keep a tab on how much I eat.

I'm also looking at what I'm eating. I don't mean just staring at the food on my plate and watch it as it approaches my drooling mouth. What I mean is looking at the Nutrition Facts and comparing foods especially if their frozen. It's not bad to buy frozen food, you just gotta watch and look at what your eating. Compare different brands and different alternatives, because they are out there. Granted some might be more expensive and if money is an issue than go on to the next food and don't bother. I ask myself, "Do I really wanna put that in my body?"

Another approach I'm taking with weight loss is giving myself some room for failure. Not so much failure as it is wiggle room. I know for a fact that I will cave into those delicious Cool Ranch Doritos, especially if they are on sale. So I just go with it instead of setting myself up for failure. Although I am still careful when it comes to treating myself...or at least I try.

I love and enjoy food so I'm not gonna go on those rice cake snacks or those diets that are so restrictive and pointless because I know I'm not gonna follow it. Instead, like it's been said before, a healthy well balanced diet with exercise is what I'm going for. I believe I can enjoy good food and still be able to be healthy and in shape. After all, don't food critics do it all the time. It's all about moderation and balance (That is so easier said then done).

So my goal is to lose 10 pounds. I'm breaking it down into smaller goals. I'm already down by 6 pounds. That's not too bad. Plus, I wasn't obsessing over it. Bam! I try to weigh myself once a week or so.

I've been doing short 18 minute workouts at work while the kids are napping. I put aside certain days to workout. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I'll be honest... it's hard to do it on Saturday because that's the only day I really get to sleep in. I'm still working out the kinks until I find the rhythm.

Sam has been wanting to get a gym membership. We have been looking at YMCA because it would suit both of us. I would have to do dance, Zumba or some sort of class. He also thinks it's sexy to go work out together which is 'cause we can check each other out while lifting those weights or doing those squats. Puts a new perspective on "Gettin' low." Oh yeah, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment